A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The inevitability of the Web

The generational aspect of technology is everywhere. I can barely use a cellphone. Sometimes I think my son could change the Earth's orbit with his.

It was less than a month ago that I found out there was such a thing as webisodes. Last weekend, my daughter and I auditioned to be in one. Webisodes have been around since the 90s, still, they did not come into my view. Now, I am a slow learner and don't feel I need to get into everything, but sooner or later I do. I felt no desire to see anything on youtube and now see a lot.

There are many advantages to the Webisode. It is my guess that costs are orders of magnitude less. As someone who wishes to be a recovering accountant, the need to pinch a penny is crucial in most enterprises that seek to produce something. The webisode allows producers, actors, directors, etc. who are just trying to break into the business more opportunities.

So, from that one can conclude that the webisode is inevitable and every art will arrive on the web and live there until the web is succeeded by another form of information delivery.

No comments: