A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Honey and Salt-Cozy Nook In West Brookfield

There are a number of lovely old houses opposite the Common in our town. When I think of their beauty, I also think what it must cost to heat and maintain some of the larger ones. I am glad people are doing it, as they enhance the town. Still, better them than moi.

One of the loveliest is the yellow house at 37 East Main Street. One day, I just walked in and took a look around. How rude, you say? Actually, Susan Guzik does business there as Honey and Salt Cafe and Antiques. I'm not really an antiques type, but the coffee did call me. The morning I visited, Susan was serving a blend of Indigo coffee. It was java as I love it, strong. My mantra is, when I have coffee out, "extra caffeine." I don't know if she increased the octane, but it sure felt like it.

She also serves artisanal breads and muffins and other concoctions. Great stuff, but it was that strong joe that sold me.

Bread and Salt is open Friday through Monday, 8am to 2pm. Call in your order to 774-200-7119 and Susan will bring it out to the curb.

No comments: