A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Friday, March 19, 2010

I wish I had gotten to Quabaog Hills Chamber of Commerce Business Expo earlier than I did!

On Thursday, March 18th, The Quabaog Hills Chamber of Commerce held a business expo at the Sturbridge Host Hotel. Due to other obligations, I arrived with only 45 minutes left. No matter, none of the exhibitors was leaving as their were still a lot of folks making the rounds.

As I was moseying by the tables, I stared for a second at Rondeau's Dairy Bar. All too often the most dangerous place to be is between moi and a dish of ice cream. The staff might have been thinking about public safety when I was proferred a lovely dish of key lime ice cream.

My bank, North Brookfield Savings Bank had a table. My banker, Mary Mary Antinovich was there. She is not actually "my" banker, but she is always pleasant and helpful at the West Brookfield branch that it seems that way.

I next saw my neighbor, Ellan Catacchio who was at the table for The Centered Place located over in Warren. If you are tired of the sturm und drang of daily life, that is the place to take refuge.
Above, Nancy Nowak and Ellan for the Centered Place


After I left the Centered Place exhibit, I was accosted, well offered lobster on a roll from Janine's Frostie. I was happy to be ambushed.

At the Quaboag Valley Community Development Corporation I met up with two people I had not seen in a long time. Our son had known Sheila Cuddy's boy Cyrus when they were young and we had some of the same concerns about education. Susan Rutherford had assisted a client of mine with the agency's loan program. It is great to see that she is still helping out the small entrepreneur.
Above, Susan and Sheila for the Quaboag Valley Community Development Corporation

The Quaboag Hills Chamber of Commerce serves the following communities: Belchertown, Brimfield, Brookfield, East Brookfield, Hardwick, Holland, Monson, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Palmer, Spencer, Wales, Ware, Warren, and West Brookfield. To find out more about the organization, you can visit the website by clicking here.

As I was leaving, Belchertown's Roadhouse Cafe plied me with crumbcake. Boy, am I easy.

No comments: