A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

All is healed


In spite of the rapid melt of the snow cover, we all have not forgotten the harsh winter just departed. The unseasonable cold that will not give way to spring warmth reminds us if we were likely to forget.


Yesterday, there was a touch of frostbite felt in my hands while milking the cow. It was such an unpleasantness. After filtering the milk and cleaning up and putting pans away, I moseyed out front. Walking up to the beehives, and expecting the worst, I was happily surprised to see a lot of activity. Bees were out and about. It was so heartening, especially as this is the toughest winter I've experienced out here in the Brookfields.

It made my day.

No comments: