A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Defeat your inner slug and become more productive, my review of Willpower

Most everyone has heard of Oscar Wilde's words, "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it." Moi, I am only too much a slave to the temptation to not do something I should, and do something I should not. Two men, John Tierney, who writes on scientific subjects for the New York Times, and Roy F. Baumeister who heads the social psychology program at Florida State University, want to help you. They have written about the science behind willpower and have hints and strategies that may not turn us into superstars, but might help to make us less un-productive.

My review is below:

Willpower

No comments: