A blog about movies and the Sturbridge area, including The Brookfields, Brimfield, Charlton, Holland, Wales, and Spencer as well as adjacent towns.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sturbridge Times Magazine is out, Shameless Self-Promotion-October edition

It is well and truly Fall as we begin October.  Last year, the tenth month was a diaster.  Here's hoping for lovely foliage and no freak storms.

Before I promote my own screed, I want to note it is time to vote about something important.  The ballot for THE THIRD ANNUAL STURBRIDGE TIMES READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS THE BEST OF GREATER STURBRIDGE DECIDED BY THE READERS OF THE STURBRIDGE TIMES MAGAZINE is on Page 8.  So fill out the ballot and have your voice heard.  You have to december 31st so there is enough time to be thoughtful.

The Sturbridge Times Magazine is out and I have some offerings to tout in as shameless a manner as I am capable.

On Page 5, Is a discussion of the golden years, that may not be so golden considering the economy.  To that end, in 2011 congress ordained National Save For Retirement Week.  Jeff Burdick took some time to look at the problem with me.  See what the retirement landscape looks like.

There is a new restaurant in Sturbridge.  find out the truth about Veritas on Page 16.

My column on Page 24 was like shooting fish in a barrel.  The two political conventions were circuses.

My work is published with my pen name, Richard Morchoe.  So I hope you will look for that moniker in the articles.

I'm not the only one who writes for the Sturbridge Times Magazine.  There are many other articles for your reading pleasure.  So look for it on a newstand.  If you don't find one, you can download a pdf at http://sturbridgetimes.com
.


No comments: